So I’ve just returned home from the hockey rink (surprise, surprise) when I noticed that I’ve been called out as a Facebook guru by from a couple of folks in my social circle looking for a solution to a Facebook query they have been working on throughout the night.
“Maybe when we all wake up, Alison Stoodley or Sheldon Payne or some other facebook guru will have solved the riddle.”
So here I am at 1 in the morning solving the riddle of tagging other pages on your Facebook Business page (a.k.a timeline)
Let’s get started
What is Facebook “tagging”?
Similar to mentioning someone on Twitter , Facebook also allows you to do the same by using the @ symbol followed by the beginning of the page you want to tag. Once you insert the @ symbol a drop down list will appear like below so you can choose whom you want to spark a conversation with
Once you have tagged a Facebook page, not only will they page owner see receive a notification to know they have been tagged but everyone who reads your post can now see the business’ page as well. Hopefully they will appreciate the extra awareness. If the folks from the Vancouver Cancucks ever read this, please contact me. Go Canucks Go.
How to Tag Facebook Pages (Timelines)
While Facebook are constantly making changes, at the time of this post there are only two things you have to do to Tag from one Facebook page to another.
- Like the page you want to communicate with from your personal profile.
- Ensure you have tick the “Always comment as your Page” within the “Your Settings” section of your Facebook Page
Sidenote: Please use the following etiquette before engaging in Page Tagging
- Be Selective: Everyone likes to use you please and thank you but don’t be a Tag whore by flooding other businesses with tags. Your fans will stop liking you and your Brand will suffer.
- Be Respectful: Like grandma always said “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say it all” – Before you post, please thinking about the person you are tagging and whether or not they would want to be associated with your brand and vice versa.
- No Spam: This should be a no brainer but I have to include it. Stay away from the self promotion and sharing irrelevant content.